[pp.int.general] Other (no sot good) reaction to MU joint complaint campaign

Josep Sànchez papapep at gmx.com
Fri Jan 27 22:37:11 CET 2012

On 27/01/12 22:17, Christian Hufgard wrote:
> On 27.01.2012 20:23, kenneth at pirata.cat wrote:
>> Even fools have customer rights
>
> Excactly. Customer rights. Everybody who has lost data can issue a claim
> against MegaUpload. If MegaUpload broke the law, it is their fault that
> the customers lost access. Or against the state of virginia if the raid
> was illegal.
>
> Maybe MegaUpload can be compared car repair shop you have a contract
> with. If the shop is shut down, you cannot get your car repaired there
> any longer.

I think the one you use is not an enough similar example: what you say
is that you have your car in the garage, waiting to be repaired, and the
feds destroy it with any need to do it, just because it's inside. Big
difference, isn't it?

Facts:
Megaupload broke the law, right.
USA government (directed by the audiovisual lobbies, who finance their
campaigns) had to do something with that?, I suppose so.

So, that means that they can "burn the house" whithout any other
consideration? no way, at least from my point of view.
I won't go any further about what USA gov does outside its country, as
this isn't the right thread to do so, but I think it's time to do
something about it, at least to let them know, although I'm sure they
don't mind at all, that there's people that doesn't agree with what they
do, and that we are going to fight against it.

Salut.