[pp.int.general] Other (no sot good) reaction to MU joint complaint campaign

Josep Sànchez papapep at gmx.com
Sun Jan 29 11:00:52 CET 2012

On 29/01/12 08:53, Christian Hufgard wrote:
>> I think the one you use is not an enough similar example: what you say
>> is that you have your car in the garage, waiting to be repaired, and the
>> feds destroy it with any need to do it, just because it's inside. Big
>> difference, isn't it?
>
> In that case I hope, you made a backup copy of your car before leaving
> in the shop... :)

I might, or I might not. If I haven't, I will be really, really stupid
but stupidity it's not illegal in Spain.(just take a look at our
governments...)

>> Facts:
>> Megaupload broke the law, right.
>> USA government (directed by the audiovisual lobbies, who finance their
>> campaigns) had to do something with that?, I suppose so.
>>
>> So, that means that they can "burn the house" whithout any other
>> consideration? no way, at least from my point of view.
>
> One way out would have been if the Fed would run MegaUpload now. From a
> 100% customers point of view this would make sense. But would that
> generate enough income to keep MU running? Who had to close the
> financial gap?

I imagine the Feds have seized MU's bank accounts simultaneously, more
or less, to the detention of Schmitz and his co-workers, and I guess
that the amount of money should be fairly enough (was or not MU a big
profit company thanks to illegal activities?) to continue operations a
fair time to remove illegal stuff and let legal user to recover their files.

*Everybody* has it's responsability, even Feds, Virginia State
authorities or whoever is behind this.

Cheers.