[pp.int.general] Other (no sot good) reaction to MU joint complaint campaign

José Manuel Goig hosemanuelgoc at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 22:10:42 CET 2012

After reading all your mails here, I'd like to add that having read
the first 2 chapters of the new U.S.A. Pirate Party's book I'm not so
sure that this joint complaint campaign is led to win so easily.

Please, don't get me wrong, I'm for it. But we are talking of a
country with arbitrary justice and strong lobbies which dictate the
government's actions.

As a Catalan and Spanish pirate I know that the lawyer's behind this
complaint are the best of the best. But even so, I have my doubts
about a 100% win, it could be not enough.

Well, my 2 cents.

2012/1/29 Richard Stallman <rms at gnu.org>:
>    Finally it's the matter of reason. If the law in the US does not force
>    the Feds to keep a service online they were told to shut down, why
>    should they do so?
>
> Common decency?  Not hurting innocent people when you don't have to?
>
> I am not surprised that US police think such principles don't apply to
> them.  They are arrogant thugs, and they are glad when they get an
> excuse to hurt lots of people and call it "collateral damage".  They
> give the excuse that, "Those people were naive".
>
> What I ask is, Christian Hufgard, why are you bending over backwards
> to see things from their viewpoint?  Why do you want them not to face
> criticism for being arrogant and callous towards thousands of people
> who are not accused of anything?
>
> --
> Dr Richard Stallman
> President, Free Software Foundation
> 51 Franklin St
> Boston MA 02110
> USA
> www.fsf.org  www.gnu.org
> Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software.
>  Use free telephony http://directory.fsf.org/category/tel/

José Manuel Goig
@jmgoig
http://usuadio.com