[pp.int.general] Towards a secure eDemocracy platform based on Web service standards

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Fri Jul 13 02:19:45 CEST 2012

    There is nothing "100% secure-proofed" in a world where we can't even
    decide if we're living in the matrix.

The question is not whether it is "100% secure-proofed".
The question is whether it is grossly rotten or not.

For traditional voting systems, we have some idea of how
vulnerable they are -- from simple experience.  For new proposed
computerized systems, we don't have experience to go by.
They are surely less than 100% reliable, but are they
less than 10% reliable?  We don't know, and actually using
them gives us little information, since we cannot check
the official results they give.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation