[pp.int.general] Towards a secure eDemocracy platform based on Web service standards

Pat Maechler aka Valio pirate at valio.ch
Fri Jul 13 11:39:58 CEST 2012

Please read the links I referenced, especially the ADDER paper.
The current proposals for secret electronic voting are usually based
on zero-knowledge proofs, homomorphic addition and plain old assymetric
cryptography, which even give you options to check the results thereof and
can perfectly calculate it's reliability (if you leave out the social
engineering part).
I'm not a proponent of electronic voting. I rather play the advocatus
diaboli to that as I assume that they will be common one day or another.

-pat