[pp.int.general] Towards a secure eDemocracy platform based on Web service standards

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Sat Jul 14 01:00:46 CEST 2012

    Please read the links I referenced, especially the ADDER paper.

Studying these papers would take a lot of time, which I can afford.
(Just getting a copy could be difficult.)  If they present proofs of
mathematical conclusions about a collection of algorithms, I expect
those proofs are valid.  I don't dispute them.

My point, rather, is that such algorithms are just part of a real
voting system, and problems can be located in other parts of the
system too.  Those parts may be less suitable for mathematical proof
of validity.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation