[pp.int.general] (no subject)

Kenneth Peiruza kenneth at pirata.cat
Mon Jul 23 17:46:21 CEST 2012

+1

Den 23 July 2012 16:00:47 skrev Gijs Overvliet:
> 1. It only takes ONE scientist to prove all the other scientists
> wrong. Or, at least, that is how science SHOULD work. There once was a
> consensus that the earth was flat and that the sun orbited the earth.
> That doesn't make it true.
> 2. What you're saying is that the desertification of Spain is caused
> by too much CO2, which has been put into the environment by humans.
> Those are quite big leaps.
>
> Gijs
>
> 2012/7/23 Dario <i at dario.im <mailto:i at dario.im>>
>
>     2012/7/23 Kenneth Peiruza <kenneth at pirata.cat
>     <mailto:kenneth at pirata.cat>>
>
>         -1
>
>         Global warming is a fact, Spanish desertified/arid zones have
>         doubled, from 25 to 50% in 20 years, and if you get UN to
>         agree with greenpeace in anything, that is because there is
>         already too much evidence.
>
>         Skeptics about man-driven global warming exist in internet
>         forums and mailing lists. Scientists agree in a 99%. There's
>         more believers in creationism.
>

>     Agreed. Next question: what we can do from a pirate POV without
>     being a Green spin-off?
>
>     PS: Richard, I have pending to write about Wombat Voting System.
>     Sorry for the delay!
>
>     --
>     Dario Castañé
>     http://www.dario.im | http://twitter.com/im_dario

I've always trusted the Pirate Parties as ones who rely on and promote
science in politics. The science is currently as clear on global
warming as it is on evolution or relativity. Sure, one scientist can
easily overturn all established existing science if he has the research
to back it up, but until that happens, global warming is a fact. The
real questions are what to do about it, to what degree, and whether or
not the Pirate Parties should do it.

- --
Anton Nordenfur
Board member, PP Sweden
<anton.nordenfur at piratpartiet.se>

Pirate Parties International - General Talk
pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net