[pp.int.general] Global heating: 2 degrees of heating is 16 years away

Aza rata_0071 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 24 04:34:27 CEST 2012

2012/7/23 Maxime Rouquet <maxime.rouquet at partipirate.org>:
> Isn't the idea of producing energy from heat particularly interesting ?
> Well, there are many places where we could develop geothermal energy,
> but curiously no big energy company is promoting it. Why ? Because they
> all sell a consumable product (petrol, gas, coal, etc.), not simply the
> power plant. Buying a power plant to them is ensuring them we will also
> buy their energy for the next fifty years or so... Therefore, we think
> we should develop such energy sources, even if big energy company do not
> promote them.
>
> We also want to decentralise the energy production. Citizens and local
> communities should be encouraged to exploit geothermal or wind turbine
> energy at their scale, rather than depending on big power plants. (By
> the way, we could get rid of most of the big power lines too...)

Really like this two ideas, solar and geothermal.

Don't like much solar because producing solar panels is energy
expensive, but solar thermal could be a simple, cheap way to produce
energy. And building a generator this way is feasible for individuals
or group with some technical knowledge. Hope OSE has a project for
that soon.

aza