[pp.int.general] (no subject)

Gijs Overvliet govervliet at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 18:30:37 CEST 2012

In NL the petrol price (currently EUR 1.80 for 1 liter) is already 70% tax.
For diesel this is 60%, which may have something to do with the fact that
diesel is more efficient.
People are complaining, and reducing their consumption because of that.

Poor people are already being crushed, although I haven't seen reports yet
of people freezing to death because they can't pay the natural gas bills.
That is, in NL, and I expect that to happen within a few years. I think I
have seen those reports in western Europe.

A tax on cows should NOT be based on the cows weight, but be put directly
on beef, milk and leather if at all.

As for choosing one form of renewable energy, don't bet on one horse.
You'll need every watt you can get.

Gijs