[pp.int.general] (no subject)

MRE muriel.pirata at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 17:52:34 CEST 2012

Hello,

The particular issue on how many people die of heat is delicate
because a great deal of people die of cold as well. Of course, if
temperature rises, more people will die of heat, but less people will
die of cold. So I think it wouldn't be honest if we referenced at one
figure without looking at the other and checked what's the final
balance of deaths.

In fact, I haven't contrasted the information but Bjorn Lomborg in his
book "Cool It" actually says there are more people who die from cold
than from heat, so that, in this particular aspect, global warming
would be beneficial.

I'm not saying at all that global warming would be a positive thing on
the whole, just that we should be careful to use this as an argument.

Best regards,

                  Muriel