[pp.int.general] Internet defense league

Francisco George francisco.george at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 12:19:19 CEST 2012

Hi Everyone,

The first reference I got from the league is from a meeting that took place
in Union Square Venture , a Business Angels venture from New-york, they
took the initiative to launch #hacksociety(twitter) and the website
http://hackingsociety.us there you will see minutes and pictures of the
meeting. All participants were high profile Internet
profesionals(kickstarter, CraigList, Reddit, BitTorrent,...) University
Professors(Clay Shirky, Yohai Benchler) and activists(Mike Masnick de
TechDirt, Tyffinyi Cheng, John Perry Barlow from EFF,...) you will find a
complete list of the participants on the site. I forgot Tim O'Reilly the
famous Editor whose Editing House just abandoned DRM.

I made a twitter list that you all can follow with all the attendees both
presencial and online that participated in an 6 hour long meeting that took
place on April, 24th) https://twitter.com/#!/paco229/hacksociety2 you are
free to follow it of course :)

That is the reunion where they presented the Internet Defense League.

For the moment IDL is just a mailing list where they discuss programming,
how it should work etc...