[pp.int.general] Internet defense league

Mike Masnick mike at floor64.com
Fri Jun 1 12:31:04 CEST 2012

I'm well acquainted with the folks who put together the Internet Defense
League.  It's the Fight for the Future crew (including Tiffiniy, mentioned
below by Francisco), and a few others.  Basically they're long-term
internet activists for significant copyright reform, and who helped lead
the SOPA fight.  It's basically an attempt to build off of the success of
getting websites to become action centers when issues like SOPA come up,
and have them ready for the next fight (and the one after that and so
on...).

I'm happy to pass along any questions to the folks who put it together (or
to directly answer questions which I might already know the answer to), but
in general I can vouch for the IDL as a very good thing with good people
behind it.  Also, while IDL was in its early stages in April during the
Hack Society meeting, it has advanced significantly since then.  There will
be an official launch soon, but they've already signed up a bunch of good
websites who have agreed to be members.

I obviously won't say what the PP should do, but I would say that, in my
opinion, you won't be upset if you support the IDL.

Mike

Also, thanks to Francisco for getting me signed up for this list.

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 3:19 AM, Francisco George <francisco.george at gmail.com