[pp.int.general] Pirates In Space? [Was: Build the enterprise]

Juan Irache yrache at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 23:17:39 CEST 2012

This sounds awesome. It would be a nice stunt for engaging media attention
during an election campaign.

Is there an expected release date? If ready for the European elections, it
should not be difficult to join efforts and pay those $325 to play and
experiment for 3 days. But I reckon we should decide that now.

Is someone working on this?

2012/6/23 Scott Elcomb <psema4 at gmail.com>

> Wish I'd heard about this sooner - an Open Hardware (Arduino)
> satellite project on Kickstarter:
>
> <
> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/575960623/ardusat-your-arduino-experiment-in-space
> >

> [-- quote --]
> Our mission is to provide affordable space exploration for everyone!
>
> We want to get you into space! Once launched, the ArduSat (Arduino –
> satellite) will be the first open platform allowing the general public
> to design and run their own space-based applications, games and
> experiments, steer the onboard cameras to take pictures on-demand, and
> even broadcast personalized messages back to Earth.
>
> By supporting the project you’re not only reserving your place at a
> discounted price at the front of the line to use it once it’s in
> space, but you’re helping us develop a platform to make space access
> affordable and achievable for anyone.
> [-- /quote --]
>
> Every pledge above $300 USD gets up to a day to transmit a personal
> message from space.  $325 gets you 3 days to run experiments, run
> games, point the cameras and other fun stuff.
>
> I'd love to send earth a "Hello, World! - A Pirate from space" type
> message for a day.
>
> --
>   Scott Elcomb
>   @psema4 on Twitter / Identi.ca