[pp.int.general] Pirates In Space? [Was: Build the enterprise]

Scott Elcomb psema4 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 05:12:07 CEST 2012

Wish I'd heard about this sooner - an Open Hardware (Arduino)
satellite project on Kickstarter:

<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/575960623/ardusat-your-arduino-experiment-in-space>

[-- quote --]
Our mission is to provide affordable space exploration for everyone!

We want to get you into space! Once launched, the ArduSat (Arduino –
satellite) will be the first open platform allowing the general public
to design and run their own space-based applications, games and
experiments, steer the onboard cameras to take pictures on-demand, and
even broadcast personalized messages back to Earth.

By supporting the project you’re not only reserving your place at a
discounted price at the front of the line to use it once it’s in
space, but you’re helping us develop a platform to make space access
affordable and achievable for anyone.
[-- /quote --]

Every pledge above $300 USD gets up to a day to transmit a personal
message from space.  $325 gets you 3 days to run experiments, run
games, point the cameras and other fun stuff.

I'd love to send earth a "Hello, World! - A Pirate from space" type
message for a day.

--
  Scott Elcomb
  @psema4 on Twitter / Identi.ca