[pp.int.general] The right to protest

Marko Mitrovic marko.mitrovic at piratskapartija.com
Fri Jun 29 16:03:51 CEST 2012

Out of curiosity, what methods do you find to be more effective?

Back on topic. Yup, this is horrible trend. Understandable from point of
view of dickheads in power tho. World crisis and recession are always going
to bring social unrest all over the place, and they obviously don't like
it. As more and more people see that others have been successfully
protesting worldwide, even in some countries where only few months ago that
would be absolutely unthinkable, lawmakers are getting anxious and make
these disturbingly restrictive laws to discourage people.

Some would say that West is slowly sliding towards totalitarianism and/or
fascism, but IMO these moves' primary objective is short-term discouraging
of people while they manage to create some new economic balloon that will
make masses happy and satisfied.

Anyway, this trend should be vocally opposed. If things continue in this
direction, there are not much steps between Marielle Gallo being lunatic
and few Marielle Gallos coming up with idea to outlaw Pirates as we support
law breaking in various forms, in their eyes of course. Facts that Pirates
are championing change of laws and not braking them per se means little to
some people and we could easily become target of even more restrictive laws
worldwide.

Every attack on human rights should be tirelessly challenged.