[pp.int.general] The right to protest

Pat Maechler aka Valio pirate at valio.ch
Fri Jun 29 16:35:16 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Marko Mitrovic <
marko.mitrovic at piratskapartija.com> wrote:

> Out of curiosity, what methods do you find to be more effective?

It usually depends on the topic at hand and as said I find them "often" to
be more effective; I wouldn't go into an absolute argument there that
protests are not a good idea.

If you can mobilize a lot of people in one particular moment then it's
likely that you will get into media and then it's a good display of the
strength of the cause.

But given a democratic (i.e. no voting fraud) and non-totalitarian (i.e. no
censorship) country:
a) if you want to get the attention of the public targeted media stunts
(i.e. guerilla marketing) will often appeal more to journalists, than
demonstrations (with few people) do; hence they get broader media coverage
and if they get media coverage the message often gets better accross
b) if you want to get the attention of politicians you may create an
(online) petition, where you have clear demands and a good amount of
additional media for your cause

[/OT]

Any suggestions for vocal opposition?

-pat