[pp.int.general] PPI board meeting minutes and some updates about the conference

Thomas Gaul thomas.gaul at pp-international.net
Sun Mar 4 16:23:43 CET 2012

Am 04.03.2012 16:15, schrieb Kenneth Peiruza:
> Daniel, please, stop personal attacks. This is your way of doing in
> every list where you are subscribed: Spain, Madrid and here as well.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kenneth

Hi @all!

Let us come back to important items.

I am sure we will all meet us in Praque and there will be enough
opportunity to discuss any issue face to face.

Despite any misunderstanding, different point of view, you name it - we
are Pirates and are supposed to be different to others. Even in
tolerance. #hope #peace

Best to you all!

Thomas

> [...]
>>>     arm of Pirata (we prefer the word arm to tentacle, you see)
>>>     existed *before* the so called PP CAT and nobody went to war
>>>     when part of the catalan affiliates went their Catalan way (many
>>>     of them having a double affiliation still now). So soft are we
>>>     nowadays.
>>>
>>>     Daniel
>>>

>>>         And about fixing pp-es statutes... I've heard that song of
>>>         'getting close' for 3 years so far... I remember you that
>>>         you need a general assembly to change so, with a 90%
>>>         qourum... Stop daydreaming, you'll never reach that qourum
>>>         until there's only 3 members :(
>>>
>>>         Regards,
>>>
>>>         Kenneth
>>>

>>>         Eduardo Perdices <edupergar at gmail.com
>>>         <mailto:edupergar at gmail.com>> escribió:
>>>         Hello,
>>>
>>>         On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Kenneth Peiruza
>>>         <kenneth at pirata.cat <mailto:kenneth at pirata.cat>> wrote:
>>>
>>>             Hi Justus,

>>>             PP-ES has had several internal issues in the last
>>>             years... It looked like its new bureau was fixing it,
>>>             but suddenly_it fucked up and got frozen again._..
>>>             Sadly, PP-ES hasn't taken profit of its potentiality
>>>             since 2006.
>>>

>>>         This is not true, we are changing our statutes right now, in
>>>         fact, I'm doint it myself.
>>>

>>>             PP-CAT and PP-GAL are pushing for a Pirate Confederation
>>>             in Spain, to define basic rules for common candidatures
>>>             (like EU parliament's one), where PP-ES can have
>>>             federated regional parties like Madrid, Andalucia or
>>>             whoever wants, whilst others can choose to become
>>>             members of the confederation, being PP-ES itself one of
>>>             the confederation members.
>>>

>>>         Chance of confederating with other PPI members is already
>>>         included on our new statutes, we just need to approve it in
>>>         about 3 months. Besides, the rest of regions are not going
>>>         to be federated regional parties, but associations inside PP-ES.
>>>

>>>             However, internal work in PP-ES is terribly slow, thus,
>>>             if we can't agree something before PPI's GA, we will
>>>             probably propose an statute modification, changing
>>>             "country" for "territory", so, PP-CAT and PP-GAL would
>>>             be able to achieve full membership status.
>>>

>>>         On summer our new statutes will be ready, there is no need
>>>         to change anything.
>>>

>>>             This modification would ease the integration of parties
>>>             PP-CAT and PP-GAL into PPI, by PP-ES confirming that
>>>             it's not going to present candidatures/lead activity in
>>>             these territories, and easing the admission of new PPI
>>>             members in places like Palestine, Turkish-Kurdistan,
>>>             Irak's Kurdistan and so on, which lack a state but have
>>>             completely independent politics of Israel, Turkey or Irak.
>>>

>>>         If we are confederated with PP-CAT and PP-GAL we will have
>>>         activity in these territories because we will have
>>>         associations there, but we will collaborate with PP-GAL and
>>>         PP-CAT and we won't present candidatures there alone.
>>>

>>>             Would you like/support such a statute modification?

Thomas Gaul
Member of the Board - Pirate Parties International (PPI)
Tel. +49 5352 968565 - Fax +49 3212 1252657
http://www.pp-international.net/