[pp.int.general] Pirate Party Situation in Spain

Kenneth Peiruza kenneth at pirata.cat
Sun Mar 4 16:31:07 CET 2012

Hi all,

>From PP-CAT's point of view, we'll never join PP-ES, even if that's a
heaven.

The question is simple: maths. This is the way which works better in
Catalan politics. Spanish parties never got (altogether) more than a 44%
turnout, and the greens and the commies work in a confederation way,
were there's a Catalan party and another one for the rest of the state.
This has been our proposal for almost 2 years, even before getting
registered.

We'd be glad to have an umbrella organization (and as far as I know,
that's PP-GAL's desire as well).

We've been pushing for any kind of stable agreement / confederation
since august 2010, however, PP-ES is just stuck and gave no reply to our
proposals, neither to PP-ES bureau members supporting a confederation.
When they finally replied, they said that they were going to activate a
Catalan delegation to challenge us in the elections (WTF!).

Sad and silly argument, as PP-ES was even unable to present a
candidature in Madrid in the last general election because they didn't
got the required signatures (less than 50%), whilst PP-CAT got 11.000
supporter's signatures (195%) to present candidatures in all Catalonia.

This is the situation. We'd be glad to have a confederation, however
PP-ES blocks it systematically.

If that's their choice, we'll need to go to CoA. Get ready, we have
enough evidence to make PP-ES lost its full-membership status, as PP-ES
hasn't confirmed its belonging to PPI yet (after 2 years!!!), even their
statuses forbid dealing with any other party, even a Pirate Party, and
the signature to make PP-ES become a PPI founder was mine, and the
signature you've in PPI's statutes isn't my signature.

So... If they don't agree any kind of umbrella organization, we reserve
the option to ask to downgrade PP-ES to observer member in order to
unlock this nightmare, as Samir Allioui suggested.

Regards,

Kenneth