[pp.int.general] Are there "good" and "wrong" Rigths?

Dario i at dario.im
Wed Mar 28 11:05:29 CEST 2012

El 28 de marzo de 2012 11:02, Jordi Soucheiron <jordi at soucheiron.cat>escribió:

> You have the right not to fight against injustice. The problem is that
> most of the times they try to reduce the rights that allow us to fight
> against it.
>
> 2012/3/28 Francisco George <francisco.george at gmail.com>
>
>> My question is for all fellow Pirates all over the world.
>>
>> Do You think there is "good" and "wrong" rights under certain
>> circumstances?
>>
>> Let's take the General Strike that will take place in Spain tomorrow
>> March, 29th
>>
>> Should we defend the right to NOT participate in a General Strike equally
>> to the Right in participating in it?

Nice thread.

>From PWB Pirate's Codex:
http://blog.pirates-without-borders.org/pirates-codex/

Pirates are freedom-loving, independent, autonomous, and disapprove of
> blind obedience.

We should respect any right that doesn't go against Human Rights. To not
participate in a general strike, although there are real reasons to do it,
is a personal decisition which originates in individual freedom.

In the other side, as political organizations, we also must position
ourselves in some way. That is why direct/liquid democracy is useful to
tackle the general feeling about a current issue in our groups and act upon
it, always respecting opposing views.

So, you can be in one side and to respect the other one but Spain is
different ;)

My two cents.

--
Dario Castañé