[pp.int.general] Are there "good" and "wrong" Rigths?

Rok Andrée rok.andree at piratskastranka.net
Wed Mar 28 12:02:48 CEST 2012

Hi!

Should we defend the right to NOT participate in a General Strike equally
> to the Right in participating in it?

To even pose such a question is to be against freedome of expression,
though, opinion, belife etc. To say "You must strike as we are the good
ones" is to deny all other beliefs and as such you are no different than
a tyrant. You are asking if the fundamental human right,
the freedom of expression, should be applied only selectively to
the followers of the more powerful camp.

Now for the explanation.
First thing that has to be understood is that the "bad" people on the other
side dont think they are "bad", they think they are justified in what they
are doing. People supporting them also believe that supporting them is the
right thing to do and that YOU, the people on strike are the bad people,
the people in the wrong. And by alienating them you prove to them that they
are right, that you are "bad".
So who is right? Well right is the one who wins, but that's besides the
point.
Democracy was founded on this very basis, that a nation of people will
never agree on any point completely. You have to accept that other people
have different opinions that you will not always be able to change, and be
the civilized person to allow them to have those opinions as they allow you
to have yours.

To quote George Carlin (i'm paraphrazing, cant find the accurate quote)
Rights that can be taken away at any time are not rights but
temporary privileges.

Rok Andrée
Piratska stranka Slovenije <http://piratskastranka.net>
(Slovenian Pirate Party)