[pp.int.general] Are there "good" and "wrong" Rigths?

Justus Römeth squig at dfpx.de
Wed Mar 28 17:39:34 CEST 2012

Not sure what a political party should do. As for individuals, I fully
support Dario's opinion.

Re direct democracy: It is a two-sided sword. I think getting gay rights
for example accepted was made easier through representative democracy; look
at Poland, where a majority of the people are still against gay rights (so
living homosexually could be made illegal if Poland had a direct
democracy). It is harder to protect minorities in such cases.
Also, the majority of people in Europe in general is against the death
penalty in principle. However, after a very cruel crime (think Marc
Detroux) there might be a temporary majority to have him sentenced to
death. A direct democracy is great, but it has it's own issues and problems
we need to work out.