[pp.int.general] Are there "good" and "wrong" Rigths?

thijs.markus at piratenpartij.nl thijs.markus at piratenpartij.nl
Thu Mar 29 11:30:37 CEST 2012

Might makes right, always. How good or bad a right is depends on the power
backing it. Human rights are backed by the might of common agreement.
Though this makes it a little redundant to make them rights, as we all
agree on them anyway. And this in turn leads to the perversion of rights,
where they are not used as rights but as a means of pointing out 'you're
not part of our common agreement, and therefore you have forfeited your
rights.' 'Bad' rights, backed by more selective interest, take a more
direct route to the later conclusion.

In the case of strike and strike breaking, unions (I presume unions are
behind it) have the might to strike they find, but in order to strike
effectively, they can't have strike breakers. So they have to use their
might, against strike breakers, to back up their rights. Businesses on the
other hand find they have the right to to do business anyway, and so they
use their might to break the strike. What is good and bad here, it depends
on what might you prefer.