[pp.int.general] Are there "good" and "wrong" Rigths?

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Fri Mar 30 06:09:39 CEST 2012

    I Personally don't think we do challenge the article about IPR in the
    declaration of HR.

The text is real, but describing it as it "about IPR" is something we
can decide whether to do.  That's not a wise choice for us, because
the term "IPR" is spin designed by our adversaries to work against our
goals.

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/not-ipr.html.

    we challange is the right
    from Vampires and CopyRight Sharks that benefits of CR when they "bought"
    the original IPR to the artist/creator/author

"IPR" includes patents, trademarks, and trade secrets.  Equating "IPR"
with copyright is sloppy thinking, and sets a bad example.  If others
are sloppy, they won't understand the issues or our arguments about
those issues.

Let's set an example of clear thinking by not lumping
copyright law together with other laws.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation