[pp.int.general] Argentina the 2nd worst´s copyright law but in Priority Watch List: of 301 report!

Kenneth Peiruza kenneth at pirata.cat
Wed May 2 12:17:44 CEST 2012

David +1.

Spain: the country where corruption meets incompetence.

Argentina has bad laws? Spanish Sinde-Biden law is just dumbness and
arbitrariness in an official paper. Figure out, in Spain, local RIAA
even charges hairdressers for having music on their business.

An "expert's commission" will decide which parts of the Internet aren't
good for Spaniards. This commission, composed of 50% people from the
ministries of Culture & Industry and 50% people from local RIAA/MPAA
(SGAE) and other cultural monopolies, can decide to shut down any
website not only hosting copyrighted materials, but also linking to
copyrighted materials.

The law is so "empty" that it doesn't define the "link recursivity
level", so, theoretically, you can close google for linking to a site
which links to TPB which links to copyrighted materials, and everyone in
this chain as well, of course.

That is a really bad law, and we're cooperating in some law-trolling and
civil disobedience campaigns. We plan to block the law by administrative
means, delaying all the processes some months/years.

The only "safeguard" point of this law is that it doesn't allow to close
a website if that affects fundamental rights, like political ideology.

That is why we're thinking in creating a torrent/links site under
http://pirates.cat ( Pirate's Catalog ! ) with some other pirate parties
in Spain, so we can confront this law until its last consequences: a
favorable sentence for us, or one against us that lets us close Google
as well :)

In any case, this would be really prime-time bitching to SGAE.

If you are interested in such a project (Pirate's Catalog), please send
us an email to partit at pirata.cat as well as Fabián Plaza,
fabianplaza at hotmail.com, top PP-GAL's lawyer.

Best regards,

Kenneth

Al 02/05/12 11:48, En/na David Arcos ha escrit: