[pp.int.general] Argentina the 2nd worst´s copyright law but in Priority Watch List: of 301 report!

David Arcos david.arcos at gmail.com
Wed May 2 11:48:23 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 12:11 AM, <eduardo at partidopirata.com.ar> wrote:

> Perhaps the U.S goverment wants to have any like Sinde Law!:
>
> "Spain – In recognition of Spain’s recent efforts with respect to IPR
> protection and enforcement, the United States has removed Spain from the
> Watch List. The United States applauds Spain’s adoption of regulations
> implementing the “Ley Sinde,” a law to combat copyright piracy over the
> Internet. The United States will monitor the implementation of these
> measures and their overall effectiveness in addressing online piracy."

Fuck that!

> Antonio Guisasola of the Music Producers of Spain (Promusicae) (...)
> Guisasola confirmed that Spain's music industry favors moving Spain to
the Priority Watch List in this year's Special 301 review.
Cable 248887 (10MADRID179), Wikileaks.
http://www.cablegatesearch.net/cable.php?id=10MADRID179

So Promusicae wanted Spain to be on the 301, then they bitched on the
media, then Wikileaks disclosed it. Don't forget that!
And I would bet it's the same than in other countries.

(I sent you an email with more links, in Spanish)