[pp.int.general] Research Survey.

Mozart mozart.palmer at pirateparty.org.au
Wed May 9 02:26:03 CEST 2012

Just clearing the matter up before it continues for too long;

(1) This is a research survey for a paper I am writing for university;
(2) The results of this are relevant to PPAU, because the Australian
Law Reform Commission are expected to do a review our copyright laws
within the next 18 months, and my published paper can be used as a
source;
(3) I am not particularly technical, therefore any proposed solutions
people have given me are beyond my own capabilities mostly;
(4) I was already familiar with Google Docs enough that I knew it
would do the job;
(5) The urgency of the situation (less than 4 weeks until I need the
results) meant that it would be simple to use Google Docs;
(6) I reasoned that my target audience would not mind using Google
Docs – several documents created by pirates that I've collaborated on
have used Google Docs; and
(7) I hadn't thought there would be any objections because Google Docs
<insert technical jargon>.

Regards,

--
Mozart Olbrycht-Palmer