[pp.int.general] Research Survey.

Scott Elcomb psema4 at gmail.com
Wed May 9 00:55:39 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 6:44 PM, Richard Stallman <rms at gnu.org> wrote:
> The biggest problem with Google Docs is not that it is a web service,
> but that it is a web service which requires users to run nonfree
> software (in Javascript) to access it.

Apologies if this was already posted in this thread; I didn't see it
mentioned but may have missed it.

Regarding non-free software & javascript:

<http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/javascript-trap.html>

> I'm not asking the Pirate Parties to support the Free Software
> Movement.  Only to avoid working against it.

I would; there is a certain amount of synergy - Freedom is at the core
of both movements.  I wouldn't go so far as to say it must be done,
but it is worth considering IMHO.

--
  Scott Elcomb
  @psema4 on Twitter / Identi.ca