[pp.int.general] Research Survey.

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Sat May 12 04:28:52 CEST 2012

    However, I do think that there is a big difference between me (as a private
    person) using free software, and the public administration using free
    software.

I agree.  That's why I propose laws requiring public administrations
to use free software, but I don't propose banning nonfree software
under today's conditions, and I wouldn't ever propose forbidding you
to run a nonfree program.

     I think the first is a private decision I have to make weighing
    my time-management and other priorities,

I wouldn't raise an issue on this list about anyone's private
software usage decisions.

I did raise an issue about a message that invited other people on the
list to run the nonfree Javascript code, without which Google Docs
won't work.  That's not a private software usage decision; it's a
matter of encouraging and leading Pirates to use nonfree software.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation