[pp.int.general] Tyrant banks, walk the plank!

Justus Römeth squig at dfpx.de
Wed May 16 18:53:00 CEST 2012

I would like for capitalism to be applied to banks in general too (ie no
socialization of their losses), so there have to be mechanisms that make
sure that banks do not get so relevant as that the system depends on them
(ie no monopoly situation, not networking that one bank's failing takes all
the other banks with them, maybe through a mandatory insurance in the
banking sector). Also, I think we need a stakeholder approach to how
companies are run, as opposed to a pure shareholder one. And shareholders
should be in it for the long run, ie they should not be able to buy a
company, maximise the profits while destroying said company, and then move
on.

Now this should actually make capitalism stronger, in the sense that this
will enable more smaller players within our economic system that are
competing against each other, the way I envision it.