[pp.int.general] Tyrant banks, walk the plank!

Philip Hunt cabalamat at gmail.com
Wed May 16 18:33:51 CEST 2012

On 16 May 2012 17:10, Richard Stallman <rms at gnu.org> wrote:
> The biggest political issue in much of Europe today is the austerity
> death spiral, aka shock capitalism.
>
> That problem is not occurring in Germany, so the Pirate Party can get
> votes there without talking about that issue.

In the short term, yes. In the long term, I think if Pirates are
silent on what is a very important issue, the public won't take us
seriously.

PP-UK did a policy review last year, and these policies on banks were
proposed, which people may find useful:

<http://www.reddit.com/r/Policy2011/comments/lhggz/allow_bad_banks_to_fail_bail_out_the_banks/>
<http://www.reddit.com/r/Policy2011/comments/lg35m/no_more_bank_bailouts/>

> However, a party in
> Spain, Italy, or Greece which doesn't give that issue an important
> place is not addressing the people's concerns.  The coming Greek
> election will be, in effect, a referendum on this.
>
> I therefore propose that the Pirate Movement take a stand: Tyrant
> banks, walk the plank!

We should also propose a vision of what we want to replace them with.

--
Phil Hunt, <cabalamat at gmail.com>