[pp.int.general] Don't roast our planet

Daniel Riaño danielrr2 at gmail.com
Thu May 17 02:31:32 CEST 2012

2012/5/16 Richard Stallman <rms at gnu.org>

> Our planet is heading towards a global heating disaster

This is most likely true. Problem is, in order to address the issue, we
must be ready to examine and eventually adopt the scientifically and
economically viable possibilities for developing sources of energy that
don't promote the global heating disaster (i.e. mostly CO2 emissions). Or
rather, the problem is that the most viable, tested, already working source
of energy that don't promote CO2 emissions is anathema, specially in
N-unplugging, Pirate-leading Germany.

Sure we have a problem, but to my mind it is more than anything else a
problem of prejudices and fear.

Sooner or later we should be able to come to grips with this issue. But
amidst the hellish time we are going through in Europe and elsewhere, I'd
rather wait some months to move this issue right frontmost in public pirate
discourse.

In the case we don't want to wait to make this PR move, I think I made my
mind clear on this issue, and I'll stand to it, until an alternative as
well as viable source is tested to work.

Daniel