[pp.int.general] Don't roast our planet

Charly Pache charly.pache at gmail.com
Thu May 17 11:36:36 CEST 2012

Dear Jan, you also have a lot of people from the environmental scene in the
list as well, like a greenpeace founding member:
"Ecologist Dr. Patrick Moore, a Greenpeace founding member who left the
environmental organization because he believed it had become too radical,
rejected
climate alarmism and lamented the efforts to silence climate skeptics. "It
appears to be the
policy of the [UK] Royal Society to stifle dissent and silence anyone who
may have doubts
about the connection between global warming and human activity. That kind
or repression
seems more suited to the Inquisition than to a modern, respected scientific
body," Moore,
the chief scientist for Greenspirit, wrote in a September 21, 2006 letter
to the Royal Society
accusing it of attempting to silence skeptics. "I am sure the Royal Society
is aware of the
difference between a hypothesis and a theory. It is clear the contention
that human-induced
CO2 emissions and rising CO2 levels in the global atmosphere are the cause
of the present
global warming trend is a hypothesis that has not yet been elevated to the
level of a proven
theory. Causation has not been demonstrated in any conclusive way," Moore
wrote."