[pp.int.general] Tyrant banks, walk the plank!

HerNenya isabel.fdez at mundo-r.com
Thu May 17 15:54:06 CEST 2012

Thank you Mr. Stallman for bringing up this issue. We agree it's an
important point to work on it.

To do so, we (PP-GAL) are working on gain professional people on
economics issues to develop some choices.

Meantime, we are listening 15M's proposals in a town of Galicia to study
them carefully. We shared these proposals with the rest of Pirate
Parties in Spain to think together about this things. We started to talk
about it recently. So the Pirates in Spain are concerned about this matter.

We are not sure when will be able to give an answer to 15M people, and
we said so to them. Also we said to them we cannot promise anything but
to read it and discuss it internally. They understood it completely and
agreed, but at least they feel listened by us.

Best Regards,

Isabel Fernandez.

On 17/05/12 02:12, Kenneth Peiruza wrote:
> We (PP-CAT) sort of did it by including a battery of referendum
> proposals on these topics in our election program:
>
> - Do you agree with rescuing the banks in trouble?
> - Do you agree with cutbacks in the public health care?
> - Do you agree with cutbacks in education?
>
> This way, we don't "marry" any option, but we put them on the table, and
> make it clear that we mind it, but we don't impose any option.
>
> Of course some people wanted more, but that's a way to talk about these
> issues without taking side, so, we got a quite complete program full of
> referendum proposals for everything outside pirate ideology.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kenneth
>
> Al 16/05/12 18:10, En/na Richard Stallman ha escrit:
>> The biggest political issue in much of Europe today is the austerity
>> death spiral, aka shock capitalism.
>>
>> That problem is not occurring in Germany, so the Pirate Party can get
>> votes there without talking about that issue.  However, a party in
>> Spain, Italy, or Greece which doesn't give that issue an important
>> place is not addressing the people's concerns.  The coming Greek
>> election will be, in effect, a referendum on this.
>>
>> I therefore propose that the Pirate Movement take a stand: Tyrant
>> banks, walk the plank!
>>
>> --
>> Dr Richard Stallman
>> President, Free Software Foundation
>> 51 Franklin St
>> Boston MA 02110
>> USA
>> www.fsf.org  www.gnu.org
>> Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software.
>>   Use Ekiga or an ordinary phone call

Isabel Fernandez
PGP EA63DF8E
www.piratasdegalicia.org