[pp.int.general] Tyrant banks, walk the plank!

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Thu May 17 19:42:42 CEST 2012

    So you think this money goes into the German banks because of benevolence?
    I think it is just another form of corruption in a way. Well hidden, but
    there is no real reason to do it other than politician saying that it is
    'without alternative' (Oh how I hate those words!)

There are many kinds of corruption.  This system is surely corrupt in
some sense, but that doesn't mean German banks are buying those bonds
because they bribe an official to choose them.   The German banks
have an advantage because Germany's economy is so strong.  So if they
can pressure Merkel into pressuring Spain to borrow, Spain ends
up borrowing from German banks.

Maybe Merkel also pressures German banks to lend.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation