[pp.int.general] Opposing austerity

Justus Römeth squig at dfpx.de
Thu May 17 20:17:57 CEST 2012

Richard,

The European Pirate Parties are all democratic parties. That means the only
thing they HAVE to do is what their members want them to do. Now, it is
clearly in your right to suggest some topics they could, or in your opinion
even should, work on, but in the end it is up to their respective members.
Also, for parties that only have a small member base the most important
thing should be to extend that member base, not to work on political fields
they have no expertise on. Now PPDE is beyond the 'extend the memberbase'
phase, and we have people working on basic economic questions as well as
the mess Europe is in at the moment specifically. We are of the opinion
that more direct democratic participation combined with people having more
access to information, expert opinion, and more competency as concerns
media and working with data will lead to better solutions than we have now.
However, it is important to us that the other parties come to solutions on
their own, or at least think about it before copying ours, the last thing
we want to do is present our idea as the only alternative or the solution
the other parties have to come to, too. We'll see how that goes.

We are not your private political movement, even though we share a lot of
your ideas and you are very welcome to give us your input on topics we are
discussing now or in the future. In that sense I would like to ask you to
keep that in mind when you formulate emails on here, as you often come
accross as very demanding, as opposed to suggesting.

Kind regards

Justus