[pp.int.general] Petition to the White House on mandating Open Access for publicly funded research

Daniel Mietchen daniel.mietchen at googlemail.com
Mon May 21 22:27:19 CEST 2012

Dear all,

the White House is currently being petitioned to mandate Open Access
for publicly funded research:
https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/petition/require-free-access-over-internet-scientific-journal-articles-arising-taxpayer-funded-research/wDX82FLQ
or
http://wh.gov/6TH .

Anyone from any country can sign, and if the petition reaches 25000
signatures or more, the White House will have to officially respond.
It started last night and will end on June 19. Current signature
count: 3566.

Cheers,

Daniel

--