[pp.int.general] A Pirate Position on First past the post vs representative voting

Justus Römeth roemeth at gmail.com
Tue May 22 15:16:35 CEST 2012

Moin Pirates

James O'Keefe, Captain of the Pirate Party of Massachusetts, stated in his
interview <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI-zueFMqSY> with Etopia news
that he thinks that representative voting systems are something he as a
Pirate would like to also see in the US. Is that something that is mirrored
by other parties with similar political systems, like PPFR, PPUK or PPES?
And if it is, is there a way we can develop and formulate a coherent
position that could become part of future Pirate Party political
statements? Do you think a statement on this position is desireable?
If it is, how do we make sure that a) there really is a change on this once
we have electoral success (and not fail like the LibDems in the UK), and b)
how can we reach out to other parties that share this position (like the
Green parties in the UK, US and France)?

kind regards

Justus Römeth