[pp.int.general] Petition to the White House on mandating Open Access for publicly funded research

Daniel Mietchen daniel.mietchen at googlemail.com
Tue May 22 11:08:04 CEST 2012

I made the same comment upon seeing a draft of the petition, but they
did not want to change it at this point, and I think going halfway on
this issue is better than staying where we are.

However, one of the most common (and most quickly growing) avenues to
achieve Open Access is by publishing the articles under CC BY, which
provides for redistribution and other forms of reuse.

Daniel