[pp.int.general] Party IT systems.. - the back ends..

Andy Halsall a.halsall at pirateparty.org.uk
Mon May 28 18:53:31 CEST 2012

Hey ho,

Looking for some ideas on coordination and campaigns support from an IT
perspective.  I've been evaluating Things like groupware packages, civicrm and
other crm packages and a couple of project apps, but haven't found anything
that ticks even most of the boxes yet.

I wondered what people were aware of that might make the following easier:

	1a. Inbound Communications (tracking inbound communications to teams and
making sure that follow ups happen and can be handed between people).
	1b. Outbound Communications (the ability to drop out mailings to groups
based on some criteria - location, membership, interests etc..)
	2. Task management, the delegation of and acceptance of 'stuff that needs
to be done' within a team.
	3. Reporting on and tracking of the effectiveness of our actions, whether
that's a specific campaign or event.  This should also include things like
donation and membership payments being linked to a 'thing' if there was a
thing that caused the donation/membership.

At the moment we are using calendars, forums and mailing list and a wiki, but
as we get more people coming in for contact it's getting harder to use
sensibly and delegation is not as simple as it could be.  Essentially we are
making our lives harder than they need to be when it comes to organisation
online.

We also have a mild issue in the way we are organised for elections, that is
to say because it's all FPTP and very local much of the time, we have to be
able make use of this to get pretty granular, down to areas that are
essentially small town sized, especially for issues, whilst still being able
to task national resources for support...

So, any ideas? What are others doing?

--
Andy Halsall
Campaigns Officer

For more information on the Pirate Party UK, please visit our website at
http://www.pirateparty.org.uk.  If you wish to receive regular press
statements from the Party (or no longer wish to receive them) please email the
Press Office at press at pirateparty.org.uk.  The Pirate Party UK is a political
party registered at 11, 45 Streatham Hill, London, SW2 4TS, United Kingdom.