[pp.int.general] [pp-eu] Party IT systems.. - the back ends..

Kenneth Peiruza kenneth at pirata.cat
Tue May 29 23:37:39 CEST 2012

Hi all,

PP-CAT uses mumble for meetings ( + pads for support of the meetings ).

We have a piratenpad team (cat.piratenpad.de), however, we're
considering to use our own pad server, as piratenpad has many downtimes,
and it doesn't allow features like uploading files or linking between
files ( check this server, it's my personal one: http://pad.atkn.net use
[[padname]] to create a link to a new pad :P ).

Links between pads help a lot. I use pad teams for organizing the
documentation of my LPIC courses, and it works really well.

I needed to hack an etherpad file to raise the ammount of simultaneous
users above 16. So far, it worked. BTW, if you create a pad which name
starts with "conf-" , you get up to 64 simultaneous users ;)

We're probably going to put a wiki to write consolidated texts there,
so, we use pads for "work in progress" or quick-tasks like translations,
articles and so on.

On the CRM side, we're using vtigerCRM, and for communications, we have
mailing lists and custom scripts for delivering emails to members or
journalists in our CRM, even being able to filter by postal codes or
postal regions (provinces and so on).

Our e-voting system is Ideatorrent, quite nice and easy to use, made by
Canonical for the Ubuntu community ( http://www.ideatorrent.org ), see
it in action here:
https://xifrat.pirata.cat/ideatorrent/implemented_ideas/most_popular/ It
can't be used for liquid democracy, we work with direct democracy right
now. It works over Drupal + PostgreSQL. We use Drupal commons + Webforms
for our basic formularies (contact information, membership request & so on).

Our website and blog run with Wordpress. http://pirata.cat
http://pirata.cat/bloc

Our authentication backend is based on LDAP, so, your password is the
same in any PP-CAT's service.

We do also have forums, with members & non-member users. We're using
"Vanilla Forums", which is FLOSS.

For mailing lists, mailman, of course.

Our servers run Debian GNU/Linux.

We're wondering to use a GNU/GPL file-sharing solution. We're
considering a simple webdav repository, Sparkleshare and I don't
remember the name of the other alternative.

Our friends at PP-GAL are creating a consistent LDAP structure to be
able to store all the member's information in an LDAP tree, might be
nice to cooperate in such a thing :)

So, in short, we're 100% GNU GPL based, and that's one of our requisites.

Regards!

Kenneth Peiruza
Pirates de Catalunya
http://pirata.cat

Al 28/05/12 20:54, En/na Johan Karlsson ha escrit: