[pp.int.general] Let's fight the intentions of governing the Internet at the ITU. (read how-to and act immediately!)

Aleksandar Blagojevic piratska.partija.srbije at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 01:12:38 CET 2012

Read/translate/derive this paper:
https://www.cdt.org/files/file/Global%20Internet%20Governance%20and%20the%20ITU.pdf

1. *Find**ITU representative* __*person*/s__ of organizations *in your
country* - http://www.itu.int/cgi-bin/htsh/mm/scripts/mm.list?_search
<http://www.itu.int/cgi-bin/htsh/mm/scripts/mm.list?_search=ITUstates&_languageid=1>=ITUstates&_languageid
<http://www.itu.int/cgi-bin/htsh/mm/scripts/mm.list?_search=ITUstates&_languageid=1>=1
<http://www.itu.int/cgi-bin/htsh/mm/scripts/mm.list?_search=ITUstates&_languageid=1>
(1a. You may want to *establish that your ITU representative actually is
not already of the same opinion as you.* The United States ambassador to
the EU and the European COmmission have already come out in favour of
the line which is advocated by us as pirates (namely that the ITU is not
an appropriate forum for the type of discussions that have been raised).
Are all member states following the COmmission? We don't know. Sweden
will be following the US.)
>>>I understand that every ITU-meber/organization has it's own independent voice which
we can influence.

2. *Be real pain in the ass*: Call them on the phone, send official
emails. Send communication requests: as a pirate party, as your other
organization, as an Internet user/person. Arrange meetings/talks/panels
in person.

3. *Organize public panel* - the more mainstream media you go - the merrier.

3.1. *OR hijack already arranged mainstream public panel*

4. *Demand - in public - clear and sharp promise of your representative:
to __oppose__ ITU intention* to be authority over Interent.
    Bind your representative to the promise made in public by all legal
means available to you. (that they _will_ OPPOSE ITU INTENTIONS).

**All this will be materialized by voting in WCIT-12 conference this
December in Dubai. Every country has one vote. There is no veto on this
panel. We have to make and safeguard right votes in our own countries
and therefore save open and libre Internet.

*clicktivizm:
**https://www.cdt.org/letter/sign-letter-opposing-itu-authority-over-internet*

real dangers: "small" countries are in fact puppets of big ones. the
battle will boil down to this field. if Internet manage to bring right
voices on the table, safeguarded from the corporate vultures, -
open&free communication will win. every action counts.

--disclaimer--
It is remarkable how the list is silent about this problem.
This is v0.1 course of action I suggest.
I would like us to act/develop on this right away.

--
I prefer to have options, rather than plans.
Aleksandar Blagojevic aka blaeks <http://blaeks.wordpress.com/>