[pp.int.general] R: R: R: R: R: Liquid Feedback in Italian Primetime Tv Show

Carlito carlito at subvertising.org
Sun Nov 25 21:58:56 CET 2012

Da: Zbigniew Lukasiak
> On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 8:43 PM, john dickinson <jrdickinson at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Trying to follow this thread...I think what is being meant here is
> > that LiquidFeedback has no way to prevent people from : : "Gaming the
> > system"> that is, as was mentioned, people signing up with multiple
> > accounts, (gaming the system) to take advantage of a vote.
>
> I would add to that that apparently the tv people maybe do try to make
that
> gaming harder then just writing a simple Perl script - but don't really
adhere
> to the strict rules required for a political process,
> and that enrages the other side.   I guess that depends on how serious
> that tv programm pretends to be - but if it is just a show trying to
illustrate
> how the system works and what can be done with it - then most probably it
> does not need to be on the same security level as a voting system used for
> formal proceedings.

Hi,

This is an interesting discussion and I of course agree with Zbigniew but I
must point out, again, that all the people in the platform are
real/certified/registered.
It's all based on the Servizio Pubblico Association with 100 000
subscribers/donors.
This is probably the most interesting part of the project.

It' s quite hard to believe, especially for the jealous trolls like Italian
Pirates, I understand. But please, try to forget them and realize that this
is currently the biggest e-democracy experiment, globally, independent and
non-party related.
That's why I'm posting here. It's amazing and IMHO, globally relevant.
I'm currently in contact with BBC and main broadcasting networks, globally,
for various communication initiatives!

Best,

Carlito