[pp.int.general] R: R: R: R: Liquid Feedback in Italian Primetime Tv Show

Zbigniew Łukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 21:01:41 CET 2012

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 8:43 PM, john dickinson <jrdickinson at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Trying to follow this thread...I think what is being meant here is that
> LiquidFeedback has no way to prevent people from : : "Gaming the system">
> that is, as was mentioned, people signing up with multiple accounts, (gaming
> the system) to take advantage of a vote.

I would add to that that apparently the tv people maybe do try to make
that gaming harder then just writing a simple Perl script - but don't
really adhere to the strict rules required for a political process,
and that enrages the other side.   I guess that depends on how serious
that tv programm pretends to be - but if it is just a show trying to
illustrate how the system works and what can be done with it - then
most probably it does not need to be on the same security level as a
voting system used for formal proceedings.

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/