[pp.int.general] Would you exclude a party from entering PPI?

Zbigniew Łukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 22:02:42 CEST 2012

I know this is a slightly provocative question, but I do believe we'll
have to answer it at some point.  It is also dual to the question
about ideology - the more we define pirate ideology the more
parties/people we exclude from the movement. But we need some ideology
and an ideology that everybody agrees with is meaningless.  I would
not let parties that disagree with our core ideology enter PPI -
because there is too much chaos inside the movement already.

On the other hand I am fine with individual parties each having a
different version of that core ideology - we need to agree on some
areas not on everything.

Personally I exclude from PPI the strongly authoritarian parties -
like (neo)nazis or communist parties - that is somehow against the
soul of the pirate movement, also nationalist parties, even if they
were not authoritarian - it still would be difficult to have
nationalist parties in an international movement.

Where would you put the limit?

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/