[pp.int.general] Is Liquid Feedback still being developed?

Zbigniew Łukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 19:41:48 CEST 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Boris Turovskiy <tourovski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ahoi Zbigniew,
>
> the original developers of Liquid Feedback have never been known to be
> particularly enthusiastic about contributors to "their" software, nor
> do they welcome modifications to it which do not corerspond with their
> vision of how it is done the "right" way. They even wrote an open
> letter some weeks ago where they criticize the way LQFB is used in the
> Pirate Party of Germany ([1], German) because we do not implement some
> verification functions. The Pirate Party of Bavaria has decided at its
> last General Assembly to re-write the delegation function of LQFB, so
> we have to use another name for the fork as it must not be called
> "Liquid Feedback" any more. So I'm not too optimistic%)

After I contacted them on the mailing list I've got a positive reply.
After all this is just a translation.  I am not particularly opposed
to them keeping their software base clean from changes they don't like
- this is normal in Open Source and of course everyone is open to fork
it if he thinks he knows better.  But I am very disappointed by their
organisation - inviting people to send this f**ing snail mail and not
bothering to check if it arrives, then not answering emails - this is
a very bad sign.

Maybe they'll improve, we'll see - now at least they answered my emails.

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/