[pp.int.general] Julia Schramm

Dario dario at pirata.cat
Wed Sep 19 17:05:08 CEST 2012

There are "worst" things than newspapers. Here in Spain we knew about this
through our own Reddit/Digg, Menéame (Menéame is Spanish for "shake me"):
http://www.meneame.net/story/alto-miembro-partido-pirata-aleman-ordena-retirada-copias-pirata

Some statistics: about 1300 visits from there and some shares:
http://sharedcount.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.meneame.net%2Fstory%2Falto-miembro-partido-pirata-aleman-ordena-retirada-copias-pirataAnd
some harsh critics. As I read there, "if the perfection demanded to
'small' parties would be demanded to the 'big' ones, the world would be
different". I agree with Jelena, it is not really bad.

You can check too for social network shares for Der Spiegel post:
http://sharedcount.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiegel.de%2Finternational%2Fgermany%2Fa-856468.html

Ok, we can't measure Real Life (TM) impact but it is a nice way to measure
the social network's spread.

2012/9/19 Thomas Bruderer <apophis at apophis.ch>

> This is a media-disaster...
>
> https://torrentfreak.com/fail-**prominent-pirate-party-**
> politician-polices-book-**pirates-120918/<https://torrentfreak.com/fail-prominent-pirate-party-politician-polices-book-pirates-120918/>
> http://www.dailydot.com/news/**german-pirate-party-julia-**schramm/<http://www.dailydot.com/news/german-pirate-party-julia-schramm/>
>
> A DMCA takedown notice from a pirate  from a national the board - it's
> unbelievable!
>
> Currently we sit tight here and hope we don't get any attention in the
> newspapers. But it looks like the news is out now, and international
> reports are coming in: Are there any reactions planned? We could use some
> information to be prepared.
>
> There was only one article so far in Switzerland, so maybe it is keeping
> under the hood, but I think we should be prepared.
>
> There is no reaction from the German pirates so far, I think it's
> important that they take a serious step in cleaning up this mess. It's
> really destroying all our reputation...
>
> Regards,
> Thomas

Dario Castañé