[pp.int.general] Pirate Party UK's Draft Manifesto

Jack Allnutt j.allnutt at pirateparty.org.uk
Wed Sep 19 17:35:14 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

Today Pirate Party UK is announcing the first draft of our broadened
manifesto!

The policy consultation involved more than 3000 members of the public and
the party. Comments and Proposals came in via Reddit, Twitter, email the
forums, the wiki, on the phone and in sit down meetings.

For this draft, we have worked hard to only include positions where there
was an apparent consensus, where policies fitted in with our principles and
where the positions that inform our core ideas applied.

I should note, however, that this document HAS NOT YET BEEN OFFICIALLY
APPROVED BY THE PPUK MEMBERSHIP. There will be a process of discussion over
the coming weeks before it is put to a vote. If adopted, this manifesto
will form the basis of an ongoing policy process (PolicyAlpha) where
members will be able to continuously present amendments and alterations to
be voted on.

We believe that this is an excellent foundation for the Party moving
forwards and look forward to hearing comments from the wider Pirate
movement.

So, without further ado, here are the links:

PDF: <https://www.pirateparty.org.uk/media/uploads/Manifesto2012.pdf>
ODT: <https://www.pirateparty.org.uk/media/uploads/Manifesto2012.odt>

Regards,

Jack Allnutt