[pp.int.general] First Pirate Mayor elected

Thomas Bruderer apophis at apophis.ch
Mon Sep 24 13:28:40 CEST 2012

Yeah its great to have some media attention, we are on page 2 of
Switzerland biggest newspaper.

But the big thank you has to got to Alex directly, it is pretty obvious
that the election was primary about his person and not about his party.
Nonetheless it shows that we have good people in our rows and we will
strife to get even more successful. It's a big day to win a majority vote!

But we have to be realistic, at the same day we had elections in the
Cities of St.Gallen and Gossau which are more relevant and in both we
didn't even get 1% of the votes, and no seat, even though we calculated
with at least one seat.

Congrats to Alex Arnold!

The result is also a clear verdict: Topics instead of Heads is not
working well - we have to go local and make the hard work to make the
pirates known. It will mean, less topics and more popular faces.

Regards,
Thomas Bruderer,
President Pirate Party Switzerland
Contact: thomas.bruderer at pirateparty.ch | +41 78 911 17 29 | Tw: