[pp.int.general] what are the minimum true core Pirates principles? -Attempt to get a workable consensus-

Aleksandar Blagojevic piratska.partija.srbije at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 16:34:32 CEST 2012

As far as I can remember:
*-* inverting the concept of so called "intellectual property" -
cancellation/abolition by all means (a ruff formulation only for true
pirates)
        the very basis of our fight, intellectual liberation/upgrade.
whole idea is to build world without scarcity, right? (world of
Information haz no scarcity so we learn/transfer from there to physical
here, i mean there ^_^)
*
-* abolition of patent system - by all means (systematic destruction of
monsanto, apple and the rest of wipo crew fuckers)
*
-* handing back to people the power/framework to manage their
privacy/integrity
        by opening knowledge in institutions - (we learn from
wikipedia-like projects here)
        by opening knowledge behind everyday technology we rely our
lives on - (here we learn from gnu, linux, open hardware initiatives)
        by opening access to energy and other resources for us the
people/public (here comes integrity) - (this is hard one, if we solve
all above I am pretty much sure that we will have solution with us
getting here)

regards,
Aleksandar

On 09/24/2012 03:35 PM, Anouk Neeteson wrote:
> Introduction, I am helping the pirate party Netherlands, Belgium and France
> with International coordination.
> At this moment these PP are growing so quick from a small (a few dozen
> pirates) number to a big (1000 and more) number that there are obvious
> organisational problems.
>
> My point is that I can not get rid of the impression that the chaos is
> basicly around the fear of loosing the true Pirate principles/values due
> this change. So what are the true pirate values clearly defined?
> In my search I come to
> http://int.piratenpartei.de/Uppsala_Declaration#Uppsala_Declaration the
> Uppsala declaration. Here I find the pirate values being *described *but
> not *defined*. So I give it a try to get a *synthesis*.
>

> So if I am not mistaking the PP objectives are:
>
> 1- Transparent governing and all public organisations have to become
> transparent as well.
>
> 2- Direct democracy and participation of all citizens.
>
> 3- A complete review of the copyrights and patenting system.
>
> 4- Protection and guarantee of privacy and safety.
>
> 5- In consideration with point 4 the freedom on information, education and
> knowledge.
>

> These need surely additional wording but firstly do they need more core
> points ?
> -Anouk-

I prefer to have options, rather than plans.
Aleksandar Blagojevic aka blaeks <http://blaeks.wordpress.com/>
former PPI board member
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_Parties_International>
founder of Pirate party of Serbia