[pp.int.general] Board application

Thijs Markus thijs.markus at piratenpartij.nl
Fri Apr 19 12:34:45 CEST 2013

Name & Nicks:

Thijs Markus 'Ikke'

Portrait:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2v3ripu.jpg

Sponsor:

PP Netherlands

PP membership:

PP Netherlands

Qualifications:

Lie that you won't check #1 I hold various PhD's related to core pirate
policy.
Lie that you won't check #2 I I've held many prestigious elected pirate
positions because I'm all-competent, awesome and loved, it has nothing
to do with me being a professional liar or good at deception.
Lie that you won't check #3 I promise not to run for the European
Elections, thus eliminating any vested interest related to running for
PPI presidency. This disinterest makes me a good candidate.
Lie that you won't check #4 I I'm not heavily overweight, which means
that I have a healthy lifestyle. As science points out, healthy people
are better qualified for board positions.
Lie that you won't check #5 I'm a very active person, constantly
involving myself in a myriad of projects that you'd find interesting.
These projects also ensure you think we have similar interests and that
I might be the sort of guy you'd like to have a beer with.

Truths that are totally irrelevant #1 I'm a great cook.
Truths that are totally irrelevant #2 I'm more intelligent than you.
That might be relevant though.
Truths that are totally irrelevant #3 Reasonable expertise in history,
physics, strategic planning, maths, engineering, social sciences, visual
arts & scifi/fantasy literature.
Truths that are totally irrelevant #4 Although this might be held
against me, I do not in fact suffer from cluster B personality
disorders. I know, politics is not for me.
Truths that are totally irrelevant #5 I need the sarcasm not to go
insane.

That's about it. Worship me as God and your harvests will be plentiful.
Not like you'd know the difference anyway.

Languages:

Dutch, English, translate.google

Motivation:

The incumbent board sucks. This is no surprise looking at the
delegates.
Vote me. For prez. It's your only hope. (Well, maybe Obi-Wan Kenobi.)

Honestly, I have no idea why you would vote for me. I might actually be
inclined to hope you don't, so I can proceed unabashed with being
critical of this truly amazing organisation. Nonetheless, it's far too
easy being critical on the sidelines, so I'm giving you [redacted] this
once in a lifetime opportunity to make me put my money where my mouth
is.

I solemnly swear that any membership fees levied on the participating
parties will be spent on hookers and blow in all far corners of the
world. Video materials of these proceedings will be made available to
ensure that said parties will not repeat such a grave misallocation of
resources.

My first action will be resolve the PP-ES/PP-CAT-issue, by having each
party select a champion for a sabre duel to the death. Should either
party refuse to partake in these proceedings, they will both be
excommunicated. Video materials as per usual. This will be our default
conflict resolution untill such a distant event occurs as the
reformation of a CoA.

Oh, yes, and Gregory will be locked up in a basement with the paperwork
and fed through a hole in the ceiling. We might be able to generate ad
revenue from a webcam stream and an unsecured, browser-based voting
system giving him tasks.

Now that we have the important matters out of the way, I'd like to
spend a minute on some trivialities we need to address.

-I'll institute a pirate inquisition eliminating all the heathen
politicians amongst our midst. As history has shown us, there is a
causal relationship between the amount of would-be politicians in
executive functions and the amount of work being done. Besides, you
elect me to talk bullshit and that will be quite enough, I assure you.
-Shared knowledge base: we're not really adding much to one another's
efforts as is; therefore it is important that a knowledge center is
erected from which each party can draw knowledge and experts as
required.
-Mobile online reserves: no party is constantly campagining, and in the
downtime between elections it is my experience that parties tend to
peter out in activity. On a global scale however, there is never a rest,
and we should use the local elections of parties to keep activity going
in other parties as well as supporting local election campaigns. If
nothing else, the transfer of knowledge that's cultivated will be
invaluable.
-Regional collaboration: each continent or culturally linked group of
countries has a number of issues and agreements that address only their
own issues, and for these groups we should have an in between layer
between national and worldwide. These layers can in turn act as a check
and balance for the power of the global board.
-Board selection procedure & routines: We need to have an organisation
which tests the members of the board-to-be in actual activities so we
can measure their competence and dedication, and choose accordingly -
this will also allow the delegates to make an informed decision for a
change.
-No member of my board will ever enter into public relations affairs on
behalf of PPI. This should be dealt with locally as much as possible to
maximize the exposure of local parties and where this is not an option
we put in people that we wish to maximise in exposure for other reasons.
Not the people actually doing things.

Disclaimer: no rights might be obtained from these empty campaign
promises.

Contact data:

Mail: Ikke (shift2) piratenpartij.nl
IRC: Ikke
Other: If you need to ask, I dont know you.